1. Home
  2. /
  3. News
  4. /
  5. News 2019-2020
  6. /
  7. Algonquin Welcomes New Teachers...

Algonquin Middle School welcomes two new teachers for the 2019-2020 school year!

Logen 2Ms. Logen Farrell joins Algonquin Middle School as a Social Studies 6 teacher. Ms. Farrel comes to the Averill Park Central School District with degrees in Childhood Education and Special Education from The College of Saint Rose.

“While I have lots of teaching experience from my time at Saint Rose, this is my first year having my own classroom and I could not be more excited,” she said. “I was drawn to teach at Averill Park CSD because of all the positive things I had heard about the district from those who work/worked there, those who knew someone who works/worked there, or those who have/had children who attended the district. I am very excited to join the Averill Park community and Algonquin family.”

In her spare time, Ms. Farrell likes to work out, spend time in her hometown of Saratoga Springs, spend time in Lake George and spend time with her family, friends and boyfriend. Fun Fact! Ms. Farrell has traveled to 13 different countries, including Canada, Mexico, England, France, Spain, Switzerland, Italy, Austria, Germany, Dominican Republic, Bahamas, St. Martin and New Zealand!

20190814 140808Mrs. Michelle Michaud attended The College of Saint Rose and holds a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Elementary/Special Education, as well as a Master of Science in Education with a major in Professional Special Education. She will be a Consultant Teacher – Special Education 6.

Mrs. Michaud is entering her 10th year teaching and will bring a wealth of experience to the position.

“I have family and friends that have gone through the school district and I know a few people who work in the district. I have always heard really wonderful things about Averill Park,” she said. “People always talk about the community here and that is something that I definitely wanted to be a part of!”

Fun Fact! Mrs. Michaud was born in Germany. She enjoys spending time with her husband, Matt, their one-and-a-half-year-old son, Mason, and their dog, Rooney. Mrs. Michaud also loves spending time with family and friends, reading, playing and coaching volleyball, and taking spin and Zumba classes.