1. Home
  2. /
  3. News
  4. /
  5. News 2019-2020
  6. /
  7. Poestenkill Elementary Welcomes Two...

Poestenkill Elementary welcomes two new teachers for the 2019-2020 school year.

Mrs. Kate Clemente is entering her third year teaching in the Averill Park Central School District and her eighth year teaching, overall. This year, she is the new Grade 3 teacher at Poestenkill Elementary.

ClementeMrs. Clemente attended Russell Sage College for her undergrad and earned her Masters Degree in Literacy at UAlbany.

Fun Fact! Mrs. Clemente played on the varsity girls basketball team for four years at Averill Park.

“I have always felt that I wanted to teach in the Averill Park CSD because I have lived in Averill Park my whole life, and I wanted to be able to teach the kids of the community, just as I was taught growing up in the AP schools,” she said.

Mrs. Clemente enjoys spending free time with her family, going to the movies, spending time outdoors and going camping in the summer.

Mrs. Melynda Matheke is the new Music teacher at Poestenkill Elementary. She comes to Averill Park Central School District with more than eight years of teaching under her belt – five and a half years in New Hampshire and three years in New York.

mathekeMrs. Metheke earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Music Education K-12 and Flute Performance from SUNY Potsdam’s The Crane School of Music and holds a Master’s Degree in Curriculum Development and Instructional Technology from SUNY Albany.

“AP is a great, rural community, similar to where I grew up, and the district has a great reputation for high test scores,” she said.

Mrs. Metheke enjoys doing crafts, listening to and performing music, doing make-up and spending time with her family. Fun Fact! Mrs. Metheke is a twin!