1. Home
  2. /
  3. News
  4. /
  5. News 2020-2021
  6. /
  7. A New Face in...

Algonquin Middle School has a new secretary in the main office in Kim Drischler.

Mrs. Drischler has worked in the Averill Park Central School District for more than 10 years, starting as a substitute teacher aide before being a full-time classroom teacher aide at Algonquin.

“Both of my children attended, and graduated from, Averill Park and have since graduated from college and started careers,” she said. “The flexible hours of subbing early on worked well with raising a family.”

Over the past 10 years, Mrs. Drischler has enjoyed working in all of the APCSD buildings, getting to know many of the students and faculty members.

“I always found working in the classroom to be very rewarding when you are able to help a student achieve their goals,” she said. “Algonquin is a wonderful place to work and I am excited to be working in the main office as the Secretary to the Vice Principal. I am looking forward to a whole new set of challenges and the opportunity to help and get to know so many more of our faculty, students and parents.”

Kim Drischler