1. Home
  2. /
  3. News
  4. /
  5. News 2020-2021
  6. /
  7. Nyc-Chevrier Named New...

Mrs. Carrie Nyc-Chevrier will be joining the Averill Park Central School District as its new Assistant Superintendent for Business in November.

“We are excited to have Mrs. Nyc-Chevrier join the administrative team,” Superintendent Dr. James Franchini said. “She brings a wealth of experience and will be an asset to our school district.”

Mrs. Nyc-Chevrier has been involved in the education sector for years and holds degrees from SUNY Geneseo (BS in Business Management) and the University at Albany (MBA and School District Business Leader CAS). Most recently, she was the Director of Business and Finance at Niskayuna Central School District. Mrs. Nyc-Chevrier also worked for Questar III BOCES and New Lebanon CSD as a Business Administrator.

Prior to getting involved in education, she worked for both nonprofit and corporate organizations.

“I decided to pursue my SBDL certification because I wanted to pair my business background with a sense of purpose,” Nyc-Chevrier said. “Everything we do as school business leaders impacts students. At the end of the day, seeing student success, no matter how big or small the achievement, makes all the hard work worthwhile.”

Mrs. Nyc-Chevrier will be taking over the role from Mr. Michael Ouimet, who is retiring.

“I know my predecessor has left a great foundation for me to build on,” she said. “I’m excited to work with the current leadership to continue current successes and to create spending plans that continue to move the district forward. I’m looking forward to getting to know the Averill Park community and learning more about the culture of the district. I’m excited to begin contributing to meeting the needs of all AP students and helping them find success no matter their path.”

Carrie Nyc-Chevrier