1. Home
  2. /
  3. News
  4. /
  5. News 2021-2022
  6. /
  7. Retirements: Michael Conroy

Michael Conroy has been teaching for 32 years – 31 of them at Algonquin Middle School – and is ready to retire at the end of this month.

“I was fortunate enough to have some outstanding teachers and coaches who impacted my life, and I wanted to try to help others have the same great experiences I did growing up,” he said.

Mr. Conroy will always remember his early days at Algonquin and the fun the staff had.

“I’ll also look back on some of the great relationships I’ve developed with many students and their families over the years,” he said. “I’ll think about some of the special events we’ve had in PE at AMS, like the 6th grade Olympics, the Square Dance Intramurals, the many fantastic reward shows we had for students after fundraisers and all of the American Heart Association events.”

He’ll miss the daily laughs the most.

“There is always something different happening and every day is a new adventure when you work in this setting,” he said. “The daily interaction with my PE colleagues has always been a pleasure and will be missed.”

In retirement, Mr. Conroy expects to stay busy with work, coaching, playing golf and traveling.

mike conroy