1. Home
  2. /
  3. News
  4. /
  5. News 2022-2023
  6. /
  7. District Partners With Cap...

The Averill Park Central School District is excited to welcome Ricky Welling as its new Food Service Director.

Mr. Welling is an employee of Capital Region BOCES assigned to APCSD. He has 16 years of food service experience, most recently working at RPI.

“My first job was a dishwasher and I worked for a catering chef. I watched him cooking and plating food and it sparked my interest in the industry,” Welling said. “I really enjoy the business and the fact that you can connect with people through food.”

Mr. Welling hopes to bring some creativity to the position and is excited to be working with everyone at Averill Park.

Anyone who has a question related to food service should contact Mr. Welling at wellingr@apcsd.org.

The partnership with Capital Region BOCES includes a number of additional services for the District. A nutritionist considers national food safety standards, child health and nutrition, and budgetary constraints. The program includes a farm-to-school coordinator, who focuses on improving access to local foods in schools. A dietician can help facilitate classroom instruction or work with sports teams to discuss proper nutrition for student-athletes.

Ricky Welling