There are two (2) candidates seeking two (2) open seats on the Board of Education this year. Each carries a new three-year term beginning July 1, 2023.

The candidates are listed in order that they will appear on the ballot, as decided by random drawing.

JESSICA DIFIORE

Jessica DiFiore is a Tax Law Judge with the New York State Division of Tax Appeals. She has been a practicing attorney for over 13 years. She earned a B.S. in Marketing/Management from Siena College and a J.D. from Villanova Law School. Ms. DiFiore grew up in the Capital District, and has lived in North Greenbush, in the Averill Park School District, since June of 2013.  She lives with her husband, Robert DiFiore, an Averill Park graduate and lifelong resident of North Greenbush, and their three children. In the upcoming school year, Ms. DiFiore will have three children in the Averill Park School District.  Her daughter, Norah, is a rising fourth grader, her daughter, Tessa, is a rising second grader, and her son, Calvin, will be a Kindergartener at West Sand Lake Elementary. Ms. DiFiore is currently serving as Co-President of the West Sand Lake Parent Teacher Association. She also serves as a member of the Averill Park Education Foundation. Ms. DiFiore is the Co-Grant Coordinator for the Foundation. The daughter of a high school English teacher, she believes in a love of learning and supporting the children, educators, and administration in achieving their academic goals, while also being conscious of the fiscal implications to the community. She would be honored to serve as a member of the Averill Park School Board.

MICHELLE GAROFOLO

My husband, Rob and I moved to Averill Park in 2018. We have an 18-year-old (Kylie), a 5-year- old (RJ) attending Kindergarten at Poestenkill Elementary, and a 3-year-old (Gionni) attending St. Jude. Born and raised in Florida, I studied at Polk State College and obtained an associate degree in Business Administration and Management. I continued to further my education at The University of South Florida and Florida Southern College, where I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting. After graduation, I pursued a career in the medical industry. During that time, I founded a promotional advertising business that I run to this day. As my children began their educational journey within the district, I felt a deep passion toward community and philanthropic involvement. I have become a trustee within the AP Education Foundation, as well as, the Co-Vice President of the PTA at PES. I believe that the foundation to any great community is built upon the educational system that we provide our children; and that within any great educational system, it is vital to maintain a strong work ethic, while maintaining values, and allowing our children to be children. My hope is to be of service to the Board of Education while representing moral and ethical principles in a continuous effort to further the District’s mission: “Every Student Every Day”.