Averill Park Central School District’s Food Service Department is excited to provide parents a convenient, easy and secure online pre-payment service to deposit money into your child’s school meal account at any time through a website called mySchoolBucks.com. You can even download the mySchoolBucks App through the website to update your account on the go.
This service also provides parents the ability to view your child’s account balance. By having money in each child’s account prior to entering the cafeteria, we find the lunch lines move along much faster so your child has more time to eat and be with friends.
- Safety. Virtually eliminates worries about your child carrying money to school.
- Convenience. Make payments when it is convenient for you, 24 hours a day, seven days a week!
- Control. Receive low balance email reminders (not available for Latchkey Program); monitor your student’s account balances online; view your student’s cafeteria purchases.
- Efficiency. Make your payments for all your children in one easy step, even if they attend different schools in the district.
- Flexibility. Make Payments using your VISA, MasterCard, Discover credit/debit cards; set up option to have payments made automatically each month; receive deposit confirmations directly in your email account.
Things to know:
- If you have more than one child in the District you can handle all online prepayments from the same online account.
- Payments may be made with a Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit or debit card. You may also make a payment using an e-check.
- In order to use the online prepayment service, a small convenience fee for each transaction will be assessed to cover the bank fees. The convenience fee is $1.95 per deposit transaction. Parents placing money into multiple meal accounts will only be assessed the $1.95 fee once per deposit transaction. Averill Park School District will not profit from the use of this site.
- Please Note: You may fund up to $120 per child, but a family may pay for all of their children on a single transaction.
- If you choose not to take advantage of the online payment service you may continue to make advance payments via check, which should be made payable to Averill Park School Lunch Fund Please remember to write your child’s full name on the check.
If you have any questions about this new service, please feel free to contact Karen Andrinao at 674-7004 or
Registering for a FREE mySchoolBucks Account:
- You will first need your child’s student ID number; this is the same number used to set up myPaymentsPlus online account
- Go to the district website at www.averillpark.k12.ny.us, then click on Services and drop down menu to Food Services, click on the link to mySchoolBucks OR go directly to www.myschoolbucks.com.
- Click REGISTER FOR A FREE ACCOUNT and enter the required information.
- Click FINISH to complete the initial registration process.
Adding Students to Your Account:
- Once you are logged into your new account, click MY HOUSEHOLD from the left-side navigation bar.
- Click LOOK UP YOUR STUDENTS.
- Select your child’s school from the drop-down box.
- Enter your child’s first name.
- Enter your child’s last name.
- Enter your child’s student ID number.
- Click FIND STUDENT.
- Click ADD STUDENT.
- Click FINISH or click ADD ANOTHER STUDENT to repeat the process for additional children.
Making a Deposit:
- From the My Household page, click MAKE A PAYMENT.
- Enter the deposit amount for each student account, then click ADD TO BASKET.
- Review the amount(s) you have entered and click CHECK OUT NOW. If you need to adjust an amount click CONTINUE SHOPPING.
- Enter your payment information and click CONTINUE.
- If paying with a credit or debit card, enter the three or four digit Verification Code that appears on your card, then click CONTINUE.
- Review your order and make sure all deposits are correct, then click PLACE ORDER.
- Click PRINT ORDER to generate a receipt of your transaction in a new window. We recommend that you keep a copy for records.
- Click FINISH to complete the transaction.